Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bro Tunes Special Edition: Doug Bogan Mashups


As always, I'm going to be completely honest, I've never been big into the mashup scene.  But I've got to admit, these mixes are legit.  Over the past year and a half, Doug Bogan has established himself as a prominent mashup artist in the college music scene.  Fraternity parties have been turning into high-intensity shows spanning the northeast.  Among the shows were opening spots for artists such as Sam Adams, Chris Webby, Napalm, and The Dean's List, just to name a few.

Performing nearly every weekend for the past year, Bogan is no stranger to working his ass off to get noticed.   Last weekend he performed with The Dean's List at Bucknell, and is in the process of finalizing a concert in NYC with artists 5 & a Dime, Kap Slap, Brenton Duvall, and Greg Golterman. 

Below I've posted a few of Bogan's tunes I'm high on, Free Fallin' Forever, The Gifted Zone, and Like This All Star.  I want to give Mr. Bogan a ton of credit with the Free Fallin' Forever mashup.  I've heard so many people try to touch Tom Petty's tune and butcher the hell out of it, now I finally have a modern version of the great song I actually enjoy listening to.  The Gifted Zone is his newest release, and how could I not post it with the much anticipated KiD CuDi concert approaching quickly?  Finally, there's no way I couldn't include Like This All Star, a mashup featuring Smash Mouth's All Star which in my mind helps define most of my generation's childhood.  Among my other personal favorites are Thirsty, and Doug Bogan Vol. 1 & II.

Find more Doug Bogan on his Facebook FanPage, and on SoundCloud.  Bogan is open to any, and all potential performance opportunities.  To get information/check availability for future shows, contact Ryan Gardner at DougBoganMgmt@gmail.com.  Enjoy the Tunes Bros.


No comments:

Post a Comment