Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Do it eBay!


People close to me know how much I enjoy eBay.  It's gotten to a point where I actually don't remember the last time that I stepped foot in a clothing or sporting goods store.  I suppose the benefits of physically going to a store are having the ability to try on an item if it's clothing, and physically bring the item home upon purchase.  But if you know your size, exactly you want, enjoy saving money, and can wait less than a week for the object, use eBay. 

Like most golfers, I have the idea that a new club will help my game improve.  My latest purchase is a 2010 Taylor Made Burner Superfast Driver.  This club would generally cost about $200 new in a store like Dicks Sporting Goods today.  The club I bought is gently used, reshafted to fit a player like myself, and has a new grip.  I paid about $75 for the driver, that receives 4.5 out of 5 stars in reviews.  I'm still awaiting the arrival, but it's not like I would use it in the current 20 degree weather anyway.  The whole point of buying now is so I could beat the rush of other golfer's competition for the same club.  I'm eager to try it, and hoping that even if I don't like it, I can go ahead and resell it for more money than I paid on eBay because I got such a great deal. 

The point of this post is to establish the fact that if you want to have nice things, but don't like wasting a ton of cash, eBay is the best alternative to shopping at what I see as the stores of over-charging corporations.  Random, I know, but before you make your next purchase of something you really want, take a peek on eBay first, you'll be thrilled with what you find.  Brobama out.

No comments:

Post a Comment